The pandemic has created huge uncertainty for the restaurant industry. Many that closed in March 2020 will never serve another customer. The ones that will eventually reopen will do so in a deeply-changed cultural, social and economic landscape.
We start to imagine the trends and levers of change that will allow restaurants to re-surface, and decrypt how they will affect the restaurants’ wine list.
- Antoine Abou-Samra – Founder, A Table for Two, Lebanon
- Ray Isle, Executive Wine Editor, Food & Wine Magazine, USA
- Stephan Leuschner – Director International Key Accounts, Rational, Switzerland
- Tinashe Nyamudoka – Sommelier and Founder, Kumusha Wines, South Africa
- Jon Pepper MW, Managing Director, Tenuta del Mundo, Italy
- Laurent Plantier, Co-founder, Alain Ducasse Entreprise, and Partner, FrenchFood Capital, France
For a written analysis of this Insight Series, see our article What’s next for restaurants and wine lists?
The ARENI International Insight Series are part of our annual research and action programme. These events provide an exclusive platform for international thought-leaders to share ideas and address global issues collectively.