Sustainability & Purpose
Tue, 7 May 2019
18:00 – 20:30 BST
Institute of Masters of Wine, London
How a changing society is disrupting the Fine Wine ecosystem
Join Fine Minds 4 Fine Wines for our London International Insight series and be part of an evening packed with high-level conversation, thought-provoking roundtables and action-focused recommendations.
Through the lens of Diversity, Agility, Sustainability and Purpose, we will explore powerful fundamentals that every Fine Wine stakeholder will have to master in order to thrive into the next decade.
Professor Beverly Skeggs, Head of the International Inequalities Institute, London School of Economics
Beverly will discuss the relationship with Fine Wine, whiteness, and colonisation and lay out the foundations for a more diverse ecosystem.
Pedro Ballesteros Torres MW, Principal Administrator DG ENER, European Commission
Pedro will present how Urbanisation & Megacities are changing how we interact and how big hubs will require agile thinking and solid logistic innovation to future-proof tomorrow’s trade.
Anna Chilton, Director of Sustainability, Camellia PLC
Anna will lay out the major concepts behind sustainability and what it means as an implemented concept, in both international agricultural and viticultural environment.
Nicole Rolet, Owner, Chêne Bleu Estate (Rhone Valley)
Nicole will discuss how conversations with consumers are changing and the importance to re-placing purpose as part of any fine wine business vision.
- Doors open at 6. Feel free to come and enjoy a glass of Chêne Bleu wine and nibbles prior to the programme starting promptly at 6.30pm.
- 6.30 – 7.30pm: Panel discussions and Q&A led by Pauline Vicard, FM4FW executive director
- 7.30 – 8.15pm: Our panel will join the audience for roundtable discussions
- 8.15 – 8.30pm: Wrap up of the main take-aways and calls to action.
- A synopsis of the topic will be sent to every attendee prior to the event and an exec summary will be published post event, available to each attendee.
About the series
The ARENI International Insight Series is part of our annual research and action programme. Taking place in various Fine Wine cities in the world (London, Paris, Bordeaux, New York and San Francisco), these events provide an exclusive platform for international thought-leaders to share ideas and address global issues collectively.
To receive information on future Insight Series events, subscribe to our monthly newsletter.